Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bowling dragons in dungeon?

Already midnight, the end of the first day of my week's holiday. See, I told you: time flies. Life tries to rush by, so make sure you grab its tail and keep up. Don't let it get away from you, but take a firm grip and make it your own. Only you can make your own destiny, nobody else...

Having said this, my thoughts return to the weekend, to last week. So filled with things to do, appointments to keep, work to be done, training to enjoy. And then spending some hours with my Vman on Friday evening late after taking the kids to their father. Hours to be treasured. Saturday morning helping out a friend to take long-kept-but-no-longer-needed stuff to the garbage dump. Strange how one town charges money for that, while as an inhabitant of my own town, there's no need. Saved him mucho dineros ;-)

Then back home to clean my house for my four guests who would arrive around 1 pm. Since my eldest son apparently has a strong attachment to rubbish, I decided to sleep in his room myself, while letting my friend Maeglin and his gf sleep in my bed. No need for them to witness the mess in some parts of my house :P Changed beddings like a whirlwind and vacuumed downstairs. Then the D&D invasion swept in, bringing in laughter, jokes, pokes and anticipation. Like always the first issue was food: what will we eat this weekend? All four insisted on my (by now obviously famous) nasi goreng with lots of small dishes. Mmmm. The second day Aglanor would make a pasta salad. That was awesome by the way, tasty and good for two plates in stead of my usual one.

The D&D started, we relived our former adventures of this campaign and settled in a fighting routine. Two halflings as monk and ninja, a gnome cleric and me as a human paladin, what an odd sight for the eye. I simply love this game, it's funny, even hilarious at times, exciting, inventive and creative. All is done in English so Amarie can understand and participate. Gonadan is keeping a website where all our Dungeons & Dragons adventures are documented.

In the evening I left the four to a DVD with George Clooney *drools* and went to pick up my Vman for an evening out with the karate gang: it was bowling time! For two hours we rolled balls, aimed at the pins with varying results. I was terrible at it but laughed a lot.
I drove my love home and let him leave my car only after some serious huggin' & kissin'. Then back to my house for another episode of D&D.

The next day we continued playing 'till 7 pm, after which Gonadan dragged his companions to his big car to start the journey northwards again. Then I picked up my bf and my kids. By then I was in need of some relaxed couching and cuddling. So we did ;-)

Today a day of laundry and lots and lots of reading. Finished The Stone of Tears, now onwards to an intermezzo with Salvatore. Also reading, or better, studying the 7 habits of highly effective people by Stephen R. Covey. That man really makes you think on your own habits and behavior.
In the evening I finished the karate minutes, action list and other documents. Tomorrow evening will be the next committee meeting. Why do I always do that at the last possible instance? Do you have anything effective to say about that mr. Covey?

Nighty night, my eyes won't cooperate any longer now.

No comments:

Post a Comment