Saturday, May 2, 2009

A bleak day

And now it's Saturday, and much has happened in these few days.

Quiet Wednesday evening, sharing thoughts with my Vman. Then on Thursday having an ample breakfast and driving over to his place. The kitchen really is coming around very nice, it's beautiful... just a bit more work and it will shine in its simplicity: black and white tiles on the floor, dark grey cupboards, a deep black granite working top, with stainless steel accents. Imagine a summer's day, preparing supper, glass of wine or cool beer, outside the sun, filtered by a parasol... *happy sigh* Life can be wonderful.

Then back to reality: later that Thursday we drove over to the Harley happening in Valkenswaard with Mc&Mt. Second year this is organized. Parked our bikes (I'm double riding with my Vman), watched this man perform a daring act with chain saws, drank something, ate a Subway droolin' delicious bread roll and then strolled back, watching the stands with lots of biker stuff. Back with the bikes something was missing: Mt's Fatboy Harley was stolen, gone, including motor bags with two jackets, Mt's helmet, motor papers, keys, a cell phone, my kidney belt and gloves. That beautiful Harley, twin to Mc's one, simply gone. We were devastated, glaring around at every passing biker. Nobody had seen anything. We notified the police but they wouldn't even come, although they would be on the lookout. The ride home with borrowed jackets and helmet was a bleak one.

When we came home, we heard about the attack on the Royal Family, who was cruising Apeldoorn in a bus in honor of Queen's Day. A madman drove his car straight through the crowd to get to the bus, landing on a memorial monument. Six people died, eleven severely injured, and yesterday the attacker died himself. This brought the theft of the bike back in perspective... what a day. Later that evening the Vman and me strolled into town to drink a glass of Trappist beer and see my village by night. That was nice.

Yesterday I bought new leather motor gloves and a belt to replace the old ones, went to the car wash with my youngest son... well with my car of course, but you know what I mean ;) Made an oven dish with onions, garlic, courgette, tomatoes, herbes de Provence, pepper, salt, crème fraîche and Parmesan cheese, plus mashed potatoes. Boy oh boy, that was fingerlickin' good. We ended the day by driving to the Chapter evening. Mt had made a test ride on a Dyna and was laughing again. Perhaps things will turn out alright after all.

Come weekend, let me embrace you...

No comments:

Post a Comment