Monday, May 11, 2009

Anniversary weekend

Impressions of our weekend in Brugge, Belgium:


The Vman kidnapped me to celebrate our first anniversary on May 16th: destination unknown. Our route took us to the south, passing the border. Of course I kept track of the road signs, and rather soon a big smile appeared on my face: we were heading straight towards Brugge, one of the most charming and authentic villages I have ever been to. If you ever have the change to drop by there, DO so, by all means.


The weather was fine, dry and even sunny! The hotel magnificent! Our mood lively and happy! Into town, enjoying the many sights (churches, market places, little shops, other tourists) and of course a double Trappist in honor of this great beer country. All around us English, French, German, even Spanish words caressed our ears. A bit of Dutch too ;-)


We strolled around town, had a romantic dinner (except the Vman's eel, yikes) and the next day again visiting beautiful places. Thank you my Vman, for making this a special weekend to remember, and for making me the happiest woman on earth.

*kisses*

No comments:

Post a Comment