Friday, November 6, 2009

Guest Blogger: Gloria Weber

Welcome to launch of the Gaslight Demons Virtual Book Tour! I’m your hostess, Gloria Weber, author of Gaslight Demons, published by Morbidgames Publishing. Don’t be alarmed! Marion is quite aware of the fact I’m here. And, once again, I would like to say thanks to Marion for allowing me to guest post here.

Now that the shock has worn off, you might be asking yourself, “What is a virtual book tour?” Well, that’s what I plan on explaining today.

Let us get the obvious out of the way first: the goal of a virtual book tour is to get word out to people about a book. In this case, Gaslight Demons, published by Morbidgames Publishing, written by me, Gloria Weber. And yes, shameless plugging is also a part of it.

Now most of you might be familiar with the traditional book tours, where an author goes from book to bookstore, maybe even visiting a library or two. A virtual book tour is somewhat like that, but instead of bookstores the author pops up on other people’s blogs or websites. The author then spews some bit of wisdom and, when appropriate, shamelessly plugs her book.

No, I’m not doing it again. I know you got the idea by now.

So, why would any sane person do this? Generally, it is done as a form of cross promotion. I’m not just writing this post and forgetting about it. Everyone I know is hearing about me being here on this blog. And you, Marion’s faithful followers, are getting to hear about the Gaslight Demons Virtual Book Tour.

Quite simple, isn’t it?

With the explanation done, I must now return to shameless plugging. If you would like to know more about me, where I’ll be virtually book touring next, or where to buy Gaslight Demons visit: http://gloriaweber.wordpress.com If you are into pen and paper role playing games, you may also want to check out my publisher, Morbidgames Publishing: http://www.morbidgames.com/ Thank you, for your time.

© Gloria Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment